ASSORTED CAKES CLASS ON 2nd November 2014 (Sunday) RM80.00
In this class, we will be teaching three of our much requested and popular cakes.
- Japanese White Roll Cake - this is similar to the swiss roll cake but the Japanese version is more soft and light as no butter or oil is used in the recipe.
- Japanese Cotton Cheese Cake - this is a cottony soft and light cake with a subtle fragrance of cream cheese.
- Red Velvet Sensation - a very American red velvet cake which is moist and has a delicate cocoa scent. Frosted with cream cheese frosting and decorated with strawberries.
BRIYANI RICE CLASS ON 9th November 2014 (Sunday) RM120.00
In this cooking class, you will learn to master the techniques involved in cooking the epicurean favorite, briyani rice and it is condiments.
- Chicken Briyani - flavourful basmathi rice is cooked with aromatic spices,herbs and chicken masala. Cooked in the popular 'hyderabad dum' style to retain all the natural aromatic flavours.
- Tomato Rice - aromatic basmathi rice is cooked with fresh tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Dalcha - a medley of vegetables and dhal is cooked with mutton bones and spices for a rich curry.
- Chicken Roast - it is the Indian version of the Malay ayam masak merah using different spices and herbs.
- Mutton Kurma - a Mughlai inspired dish, kurma is a yogurt rich curry with aromatic herbs and spices.
- Gulab Jamun - it is an Indian sweet made from milk and soaked in cardamon scented syrup. Decorated with pistachio nuts.
- Mango Lassi - a healthy drink made from mango and yogurt.
VEGETARIAN CAKES CLASS ON 15th November 2014 (Sat) RM90.00
Ditch your tin of biscuits and learn to bake these egg-free cakes to serve your vegetarian or vegan friends. Types of cakes taught are:
- Chocolate Mocha Cake with chocolate ganache - A moist and fluffy chocolate cake is layered and covered with glossy ganache. Decorated with fresh berries.
- Victoria Sandwich Cake - a popular cake now which we introduced in our class in January but we have made an egg-free version of it now. The cake is an unpretentious moist butter sponge which is layered with good quality jam and whipped cream. A tribute to Queen Victoria for her introduction of the cake which at the moment is trending in the Malaysian blogsphere. Wow, never has any cake been elevated to such a royal status.
- Mango Tango Cheesecake - cream cheese is combined with mango puree and other crucial ingredients to give a silky smooth texture to the cake. Diced fresh mangoes added in the filling adds complexity and intensifies the mango flavour. A layer of orange mirror gives a glossy finish to the cake.
BREAD MAKING CLASS AT FAIRVIEW INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL ON 19th Nov. 2014
In conjunction with National Bread Week which falls on 17th November, we are invited by Fairview International School to conduct a class on bread making at their school premise.
CAKES AND PASTRIES Series 2 CLASS ON 22nd Nov. 2014 RM65.00
We are working with deal maker, Groupon to feature our Cakes and Pastries Series 2 class throughout November. The types of cakes and pastries taught in this class are:
- Japanese Cotton Cheesecake - this cake is a different version of the western cheesecake and unlike the western ones, this cake is more light and soft with a hint of lemon. We will also make Japanese cotton cupcakes and top it with strawberry compote.
Financiers - these are small French cakes which are light and made with almond flour. Baked in small individual mould, these cakes have a slight crunchy exterior and a soft interior.
Mini Pizza Tarts - a quick version of the pizza, these tarts are not only delicious but also makes an impressive appetizer. We use a special recipe to prepare the easy peasy crust and fill the tarts with delicious pizza filling. Topped with cheddar and mozzarella cheese and baked to crispy perfection.
Raspberry Panacotta - this an Italian classic and so easy to prepare. It makes a great dessert if topped with fresh fruits and coulis. Truly an amazing dish from the combination of two great European countries, Italian pannacotta and French coulis.
TEAM BUILDING BAKING CLASS WITH TEXCHEM RESOURCES ON 29th Nov.2014